The International Academy of Human Reproduction
The International Academy of Human Reproduction (IAHR) is an international academy of clinicians and scientists who by demonstration of clinical excellence, research , teaching and scholarly activity have achieved international prominence in the field of human Reproduction. Members of The Academy are Fellows and Honorary Fellows who are active in expanding scientific thought and investigation in human reproduction, fertility and infertility and reproductive biology.
The objectives of the Academy are:
- to extend the knowledge in all aspects of human reproduction, fertility and infertility, and family planning, as well as population affairs;
- to encourage exchange of clinical experience and promote scientific thought and investigation;
- to consider the ethical and social implications of the current practice of human reproduction and reproductive biology;
- to organize regular scientific meetings. These shall occur at two year intervals and be designated as “World Congresses”;
- to cooperate with other national and international societies.
The Academy was founded in 1974 and the first congress of the IAHR was held in Rio de Janeiro , Brazil that year. Since then there have been subsequent congresses , in general every two years.
In recent years the conferece has been in:
- Berlin, Germany (2015)
- Rome, Italy (2017)
- Dublin, Ireland (2019)
- Venice, Italy (2023)
The International Academy of Human Reproduction is incorporated in Switzerland as a not-for -profit organization.